Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a small reflection

When I was a senior in high school my student council advisor asked our class when we got back from winter break to reflect on the past year. To write down what was different, the same, how we grew, our thoughts about the year as a whole. I was so thankful for that assignment. Since then I have done that & I will post it here rather than my journal this year to help people understand how I've grown.

In 2012 I was living in Utah attending Utah valley university. I spent jan- may at BYU watching baseball, & I also started working at Build a bear. My life was slowly chuggin. I missed my family. Missed a lot of important things. But that comes with growing up. I moved back home & started a new job. I work full time as a Medical Bill Reviewer & I love my life.

In 2012 I saw a lot of my friends relieve their mission calls & head out to serve The Lord. Friends in Chile, Peru, Brazil, Russia, New York, Mexico, the Philippines & many others. These boys are awesome & have set an example for me & been blessings. I love hearing from them & hearing about their experiences.

In 2012 two of my closest friends became wives. Both married for time & all eternity in the house of The Lord. My best friend Kaycee got engaged & married. She was a stunning bride & i was honored to be on of her maids of honor. Along with my sister friend Deidre. Moving from baseball gf to baseball wife.

In 2012 babies were born. Most importantly my cute lil nephew. Colton is by far the cutest little baby I've ever seen.

In 2012 lives were lost. My Nanay Deli, the last of the Ipac siblings passed away. My family was brought together. It had been years since I've seen that many of them in one space.

In 2012 I turned 20 years old. I truly feel like an adult. Half way to forty is huge.

In 2012 I made new friends, severed old relationships & grew up as a person. I learned that no matter how hard you try to predict the future you never really know what will happen.

In 2012 I was called to serve in the Philippines Angeles mission. My friends opened calls & we all are waiting to report to serve for our church.

In 2012 I grew closer to my siblings. We made new jokes, shared tears & loved each other more. Got closer to my cousins & realized that family is always going to come first.

In 2012 I gained a new person in my life that has changed me for the better. Strengthened my testimony & made me happier than I could describe.

2012 was good to me. 2013 will treat me better. I know it.





No comments:

Post a Comment